Why Comcast Business?
- Comcast owns one of the most advanced and largest fiber networks in the world
- Comcast provides true redundancy by completely bypassing the public Internet through their private fiber network
- Comcast has scaled their support team adding dozens of new employees across the country
- Largest network among all cable providers
- Ethernet over Coax will be launching soon
Comcast was founded in 1963 as a single-system cable operator and now is the nation’s largest cable company with over $37 billion in revenue in 2010. Comcast is one of the nation’s leading providers of information, communications and entertainment products and services with over 16 million Internet customers, 8 million digital voice customers, 23 million video customers and hundreds of thousands of business customers.With over 100,000 employees, Comcast currently serves 18 of the top Metropolitan
Statistical Areas (MSAs) in the U.S. and provides service to customers in 39 states and the District of Columbia. Comcast’s high-speed, high-capacity broadband and Ethernet services operate across a private, diverse enhanced fiber network. With over 147,000 national route miles of fiber, the Comcast network is the largest facilities-based last mile alternative to the phone company. With the first and largest fully 40G backbone, and the deployment of the first 100G router interface, Comcast’s advanced network delivers reliable and scalable services for businesses of any size.
- Comcast Business Class Internet, with speeds of up to 100 Mbps bundled with Business Class Digital Voice, fractional or full PRI’s provide an attractive alternative to traditional voice and data services.
- Comcast Internet solutions coupled with strategic services like Microsoft Communication Suite enabling Outlook and SharePoint, along with leading security services through Norton, provides a complete technology offering.
- As the nation’s largest cable television provider Comcast showcase’s a wide variety of programming options to keep businesses in touch with an ever changing, “always on” environment.
- Comcast’s fully managed IP enabled network is truly “Built for Business.” Absent of costly circuit switched technology, Comcast’s network offers “built-in” diversity and an alternative to T1 solutions with exponentially faster speeds than legacy technology.
- “Last mile ownership” of the network makes Comcast a compelling solution for any business that resides within Comcast’s network footprint .